Working With NorthPoint Development
NorthPoint traces its roots to Briarcliff Development Company. Nathaniel Hagedorn started his career at Briarcliff Development Company and for over 10 years Nathaniel took an increasing role within Briarcliff Development overseeing all aspects of the development work including design, entitlement, construction, management and leasing of office and retail buildings at the Briarcliff masterplanned community.
Nathaniel always desired to own his own company and had a goal to handle all aspects of the development process including raising all of the capital (both debt and equity) needed for projects on independent basis. Nathaniel formed a new company, Briarcliff Realty in 2008. The ownership of Briarcliff Realty was owned 80% by Nathaniel and 20% owned by Charles Garney, in 2011 Nathaniel repurchased Charles Garney’s 20% ownership stake and changed the name to NorthPoint Development.
Key projects completed by NorthPoint include the following:
- Briarcliff City Apartments: a 263 unit, $26,000,000 luxury multifamily project
- Riverside Horizons which is a large business park that is being developed at I-635 & Horizons Parkway in Riverside, Missouri. The Horizons project is strategically located at the geographic center of the Kansas City metropolitan area. When complete the Horizons project will encompass over 3,000,000 sq. ft. of industrial space and 1,000,000 sq. ft. of office space. Since commencing work on the Horizons project in 2012, NorthPoint has completed four buildings containing over 600,000 sq. ft. of space.
- Village at Burlington Creek: In 2011 NorthPoint acquired a distressed mixed use project containing 16 commercial buildings as well as vacant commercial land. NorthPoint has rebranded this project as Burlington Creek and has increased the projects occupancy from 41% to nearly 90% in less than 12 months.
- Residences at Burlington Creek: NorthPoint broke ground on the construction of a $30,000,000 Class-A multifamily project at Burlington Creek.
- NorthPoint has also completed several Office Buildings including over $50,000,000 in medical office buildings, a build to suit for the GSA and a speculative office building.
- In 2012 NorthPoint launched it’s first Industrial Investment Fund, the NorthPoint Industrial Fund I, LLC. This fund will acquire apx. 1,500,000 sq. ft. of existing industrial warehouse space in Kansas City, to date the Industrial Fund has completed the acquisition of nearly 500,000 sq. ft. of buildings.
- Village West Luxury Apartments: In January of 2013 NorthPoint commenced the development of an additional 306 unit, luxury apartment project adjacent to the booming Village West development in Kansas City, Kansas.
Since 2008 NorthPoint has raised over $250,000,000 in capital for various real estate projects. NorthPoint has been fortunate enough to partner with both local and institutional investors to raise capital for its projects, investors include a number of high net worth families in Kansas City as well as the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.
NorthPoint is distinguished by its commitment to superior service that goes beyond the contract. We broker relationships with our commercial clients, including space planning for your business, architectural consultation, and ongoing management for all your construction needs. As your business grows, we work to help you develop and prosper. Working with NorthPoint means becoming part of a community, with strategic partnerships you can count on for unparalleled service and care.